Big Block Ford 429-460 Custom Header Build Kit
Pro Series Header Build Kits: Big Block Ford 429-460
This header build kit has everything you need to bring that Ford custom header together. Designed to fit the "485" series of Big Block Fords, most notably the 460 heads, including all 460 Cobra Jet and Super Cobra Jet applications. This kit also fits any aftermarket head with a Big Block Ford 460 bolt pattern and stock bore spacing. Great for building that set of headers for any application. See why Stainless Headers Mfg., Inc has the most complete header builder kit on the market for building your own custom headers. (HP recommendations at the bottom of this page) What makes our header build kits the choice of top fabricators?
- Flanges: 2 American made precision laser cut 3/8� thick header flanges to fit the Big Block Ford 460 heads.
- Port Size: 1 3/4", 2" or 2 1/4" available
- Flange Stubs: Included with our Ford 460 header kit are (8) formed stubs to help speed up your fabrication process. These flange stubs are formed to the exact flange shape and come in 1 3/4", 1 7/8", 2", 2 1/8" or 2 1/4" primary tube sizes�
- Mandrel Bends: We supply (12) 180 degree J bends. Our J bends come with a 6� & a 12� leg. For most header builds, this extra leg length mean you won�t need to buy any straight tubing. What makes our stainless mandrel bends truly a unique product? We start off with an American made 304 stainless raw material, that is then bent in the U.S. for a genuine 304 .065 stainless bend. Our material forms better, welds better and last because it is a genuine 304 stainless.
- 4 into 1 Collectors: From there we supply a precision formed 4 into 1 collector or a set of our optional super high flow slip on merge collectors with 4 sets of collector tabs. Just like our stainless bends, we start off with an American made 304 stainless and fabricate the industries finest collectors . We offer these header kits with 3 different collector options:
- Formed weld on collectors (Collector stars included)
- Slip on merge collectors with a straight exit (Collector tabs included)
- Slip on merge collectors with a transitional exit (Collector tabs included)
- Collector stars: A simple part that really helps speed up the fab process. Used as a weld in block off between the 4 tubes before welding the collector on, these are precision laser cut for a perfect fit between your specific primary tubes.
- Purge Caps: This simple, but effective method for back purging caps works great. Each kit includes 4 primary caps and one collector cap.
- O2 bungs: Each header builder kit includes 2 weld on O2 bungs. Precision machined in the U.S. from 304 stainless billet, these bungs weld beautifully, not like a cast bung
- Tig Filler Rod: Includes � lbs. package of filler rod:
Because of the wide variety of engine chassis configurations these HP numbers are for general reference only
1 3/4" Primary Tube Header Kit: 350-500 Naturally Aspirated Horsepower
1 7/8" Primary Tube Header Kit: 450-650 Naturally Aspirated Horsepower
2" Primary Tube Header Kit: 600-800 Naturally Aspirated Horsepower
2 1/8" Primary Tube Header Kit: 800-1000 Naturally Aspirated Horsepower
2 1/4" Primary Tube Header Kit: 900-1150 Naturally Aspirated Horsepower
Be sure to check out our Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channels for continuous updates on customer projects, as well as how-to videos and information about our extensive product lineup
- Item Requires Shipping
- 55.0 lbs.
- W19.0000” x H15.0000” x L19.0000”
- Free GROUND Shipping
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.