Modular Performance Pontiac D-Port 400/455 Turbo Header
Bolt-on Pontiac 400/455 Performance D-Port Turbo Headers
Designed to fit the factory D-Port style of Pontiac 400/428/455 cylinder heads, these bolt-on turbo headers are the perfect solution to any turbo header packaging concerns. Made of heavy wall, American Made stainless steel pipe, these modular log manifolds can handle the heat and vibrations that come from a turbocharged engine build.
The center d-ports are Siamesed together, and in the performance edition of these turbo headers, also incorporate a divider wall to assist in anti-reversion, maintain smoother flow, and create a badass turbo header. This divider wall is hand-fit, and fabricated from 321SS , 0.083" plate, and welded to the heavy wall tubing with a 347 TIG rod, to maintain chemical rigidity.
This divider plate is great for those seeking the most performance out of their Pontiac turbo headers. We ran the numbers, and it is certainly a recommended option. Using factory camshaft specs from 1963-1979**, we discovered there was an average of 103 degrees "overlap", when cylinders 3&5 or 4&6 have the exhaust valves open simultaneously. This can lead to exhaust reversion, or at the very least, extremely turbulent exhaust flow prior to merging into the common log. This hand-fit divider plate greatly reduces, if not eliminates, the chances of reversion occurring between the two cylinders.
The beauty behind this design? The builder never has to touch a tig welder or strike an arc. Every component can be bolted and pieced together in a modular fashion, without every worrying about the strength or quality of the builder's welds and fabrication. The compact design also allows use of these modular turbo headers in small engine bays. The heavy wall construction of these manifolds means less heat-absorption by the tubing, which means less energy produced by the engine's combustion process is wasted as heat, and is instead conserved as energy and velocity going to your turbos. This also leads to cooler engine bay temperatures, which can also improve intake air temps, increasing the density of oxygen in the air, leading to further power gains.
We recommend builders start off with the base manifolds prior to adding in the additional elbows to meet your turbo mount points.
*Current lead times are 17-25 business days*
**Turbo Headers are NOT returnable/refundable items. All sales are final. For further information, check the Returns/Shipping policy. Any questions or concerns, call the shop for further information. Ceramic coated products are NOT returnable nor refundable items. All sales are final**
Approximate Turbo Header Dimensions:
- 20 1/2" long from rear of flange to front of V-Band
- 5 1/2" overall height- base of flange to top of manifold
- 3" height offset- center of log to center of exhaust ports
- Header log is about 3 3/4" away from cylinder head, with Vband being 4" away.
The initial set up will come with:
(2) 1/2" thick 304 SS header flanges with a 2" round port in the header flange.
(8) Purge Tig Welded primaries coped into a compound manifold, made of 0.120" heavy wall pipe, 304 SS.
(2) Compound log manifolds with a 2 1/2" outside diameter, kept tight against the engine block for tight engine bay applications, ending with a 2 1/2" v-band flange for additional modular components
Additional Modular Components available:
- 22 Degree Mandrel bend with accompanying V-band Flanges
- 45 Degree Mandrel bend with accompanying V-band Flanges
- 90 Degree Mandrel bend with accompanying V-band Flanges
- "S-Curve" Double 90 Degree Mandrel bend with accompanying V-band Flanges
- 180 Degree Mandrel bend with accompanying V-band Flanges
- "S-Curve" Double 180 Degree Mandrel bend with accompanying V-band Flanges
- 22 Degree Mandrel bend with one mating V-band flange, and terminating in a T3 or T4 Turbo Flange
- 45 Degree Mandrel bend with one mating V-band flange, and terminating in a T3 or T4 Turbo Flange
- 90 Degree Mandrel bend with one mating V-band flange, and terminating in a T3 or T4 Turbo Flange
- 180 Degree Mandrel bend with one mating V-band flange, and terminating in a T3 or T4 Turbo Flange
- "S-Curve" Double 90 Degree Mandrel bend with one mating V-band flange, and terminating in a T3 or T4 Turbo Flange
- "S-Curve" Double 180 Degree Mandrel bend with one mating V-band flange, and terminating in a T3 or T4 Turbo Flange
We also offer custom y-pipe and crossover tube configurations for single turbo applications, or single exhaust builds.
Using our downpipe mockup kit, we can configure custom downpipe and wastegate dump set ups for fender exit, hood exit, axle dump, or even full length exhaust systems. Bring us your custom turbo header needs.
Not seeing what you need? Not a problem- We can custom build turbo elbows to fit your turbo header needs.
**Research on factory cam specs was 1963-1979 V8 averages, NOT including: 3-2bbl HO, RA, SD, RAIV, or RAV**
- Item Requires Shipping
- 25.0 lbs.
- W25.0000” x H13.0000” x L13.0000”
- Free GROUND Shipping
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.